Biblioteca Archivio Paolo Maffei
A complete catalog is in preparation:
the books already catalogued can be searched through the National SEBINA-OPAC website selecting as Library
Foligno Paolo Maffei
The general topics are listed below.
Documents, Books and Periodicals
- Research books of Astronomy (Stars, Planetary System, Galaxies, Cosmology).
- Research astronomy atlases and catalogues .
- Research astronomy journals (a few of the XIX century).
- Italian amateur astronomy magazines: L'Astronomia, UAI-astronomia, Orione, Nuovo Orione, Le Stelle, Il Cielo, Coelum-astronomia, Sapere, Le Scienze.
- Foreign amateur astronomy magazines: L'Astronomie, Mercury, Sky & Telescope, Ciel et Terre, SkyNews, Astronomy and Geophysics.
- Books and documents of scientific divulgation.
- Card-index and archive of the scientific popularization activities made by Paolo Maffei: books, interviews, magazine papers.
- Card-index of relevant astronomical scientific papers, selected by Paolo Maffei, in the years 1960-1980.
- Books and documents, technical and popular, on Space missions.
- Newspapers and videotapes regarding the earthquakes in Umbria.
- Recent and ancient books of history of Science.
- Recent and ancient books of history of Astronomy.
- Galileo Galilei "Opera Omnia" and books on Galileo's 1633 process.
- Epistemology and dialog between Science and Religion.
- Roman history and archeology.
- Greek and Latin ancient authors.
- History, with special care about the city of Rome along all its history, the 1700 and the Napoleonic age in Italy and in France, the fascism and the II World War.
- Books of history of Music (classic and Opera).
- Opera libretti and concert programmes (since beginning of 1900).
- All the books, concert programs and several other documents of the Festival of the 2 Worlds of Spoleto since its beginning.
- Italian and French literature.
- Books of Art and Tourism.
- Guides, publications and magazine of the Italian Touring Club, since the beginning of 1900.
- Comics (in italian), mainly from the years 1930s to 1970s.
- Books, documents and magazines on the history of Foligno.
- Family books since the XIX century (novels, school-books and workbooks by four generations, travel books, newspapers and magazines ...).
- University textbooks of Mathematics of the XIX and XX century.
- Theological, pastoral and devotional books and documents, from the XIX to the XX century.
- Documents and texts on the agricoltural activity of the family farm along the XX century (administration, farm booklets, farmer associations, ...).
- Photographs and manuscripts since the mid XIX century to the end of the XX century (mainly of local and familiar subjects).
- Reel magnetic tapes (about 200).
- Cassette tapes (about 470).
- CD-ROMs (about 2000).
- LP vinile discs (about 1900).
- 78 rpm discs (about 70).
- VHS recordings of Operas (about 80).